Skip to main content

tv   Piers Morgan Tonight  CNN  December 31, 2011 9:00pm-10:00pm EST

9:00 pm
that we just keep moving forward. >> let's believe in ourselves again. you know what i have mean? >> i wish we could be as happy as i am. >> and that's it, pop the champagne, wave good-bye to the old and hello to the new. thanks for watching. i'm tom foreman. for all of us at 360 wishing you all the best and none of the worst in 2012. >> thank you. let's get the hell out of here! that was awful. oh, my good, is my mike on? what? hello? > . what a year it's been for beyonce. tonight my amazing interview with the one and only beyonce.
9:01 pm
the woman behind the legend from texas school girl to international singing sensation. a live with husband jay-z and what she told me about motherhood when only she knew. >> i need to have a baby. ♪ >> beyonce, world exclusive, an intimate hour. this is "piers morgan tonight." ♪ looking so crazy in love, looking so crazy in love ♪ >> beyonce has won over a dozen grammy. just hours from now she releases her new album titled "4" and beyonce is with you now. it's so nice of you to come all the way to london so i could interview in my back yard. >> it's amazing to see you. >> i sat and watched you, had a
9:02 pm
couple of beer, turned on the television, you were the first ever woman to headline there. what was it like for you last night? >> well, you know, i'm still walking on the clouds. i'm still kind of shocked. i can't believe what happened to me happened yesterday. and i think it's because i've seen glastonbury in photographs and i've seen it, you know, when i've traveled here and on television and only amazing rock stars perform and it's just the coolest festival and i was able to see my husband perform there a couple years ago and it was one of the most exciting nights. he had a bit of controversy in he came out and performed a song and the crowd went crazy and i thought, oh, my god, i'm just so honored to be here and prayed that one day i'd be able to do it and three years later i was asked to headline and be the
9:03 pm
first woman and first african-american woman -- >> that's the amazing thing. never mind any other criteria, you were the first woman to ever play at this incredible event. >> yeah. >> headline it. >> it's a little strange when you think about it. i'm just happy that i'm the first woman. there was so many women out there and it was incredible because the men usually when i have them do certain parts, they're trying to be cool but they were like just belting out the songs and everybody was just united and -- >> well, let's watch a little clip from last night and then i'll ask you your reaction to this. >> okay. ♪ ♪
9:04 pm
watching that i was struck by several things. one was the glint in your eye when you said you'd always wanted to be a rock star, like you finally felt you were a proper rocker. >> exactly. >> is that what glastonbury does for you? >> it's not about fashion, it's not about trying to be cool, erch everyone is cool. it's not about production and how many hits you have. it's about good music and everyone has so much love and appreciation for a good performance. and, you know, i love when i cannot have to think about all the other things that are not as interesting and i can just belt out the songs and dance from the heart and i know that it's appreciated. >> so here's the weird thing. watching you last night you seemed about 20 feet tall. you were like this giant coming at me on my big screen tv.
9:05 pm
and you're quite tiny, aren't you? >> people say they think i'm a lot small are than i am on tv. they say it to other girls in destiny child, they say it to my husband and my mother. i think it's just the television. >> the thing that struck me watching you, i never watched a whole beyonce concert before so i was fascinated to see how you go about this, a, the energy levels you kept up were extraordinary. b, the size of your heels. how did you stay up? >> it was very slippery. and the first song i was like, okay, am i going to make it? i thought i was going to have to switch shoes. i had wellies on the side of the stage just in case. but i've been practicing in heels since i was 13 years old. to be honest, it's kind of second nature. the heels are second nature. it's just a part of it. whenever i rehearse, i have on my heels. >> the whole thing with last night -- i don't like the phrase girl power but it was about empowerment of women.
9:06 pm
you were like strutting around that stage making men like me feeling pretty useless at home, like i have no right to be near this woman. quite intimidating this thing you do. >> no, but i definitely feel that it is my job to empower women and i remember having this dream that my band was all females and i told my mile band at the time i'm sorry, guys, you all are so talented but you're not women. and they all had wigs on, they came to the performance like we can do it! but i found these incredible women and incredible background singers. do i have men on the stage as well. have i great male dancers. >> washing your shoes for you? >> no, i have incredible dancers. and it's great to have that camaraderie. i feel like i learn so much from the other musicians and it makes me want to be a better musician. >> what do you feel when you're there and you've got 175,000 people going crazy, this is never going to happen to me,
9:07 pm
much as i'd love to think it will, it isn't. those days are over. when you walk out and you get this surge of energy from a crowd like that, you've never performed to a crowd that big -- >> no. >> what does it feel like? >> well, before i performed, i was so scared. i was like a leaf just -- i was really, really afraid. and i had to just say forget that it's 175,000 people and pretend it's just like the show you did two days ago and you've been doing this your whole life and just have fun and, you know, we all got together, said our prayer, we took our breaths and tried to exhale all the negativity and i just will to tell myself i deserve it, i'm a diva, i've worked hard and i psyched myself up and once you hear the crowd and you get past the first couple of minutes, then it's time to rock, it's time to have a good time and join it. >> so the phrase "i'm a diva," you say that proudly. >> i do. >> some stars shy away. i love being a diva. >> because i've met what a diva
9:08 pm
is supposed to be. i've met patty labelle and teen a turner. >> what is a diva? >> graceful and talented and strong and fearless and brave and someone with humility and i think it's an appropriate time to be a diva. and, you know, i did not show up in my costume that i wore yesterday because -- >> i was kind of hoping you might. it wasn't really a costume. it was more like a bit of beachwear. >> no, it was not. it was a costume. and i did not wear that because it's appropriate for the stage but there is a certain mentality and a certain aura that's appropriate for the stage but it's only appropriate for the stage. >> so what is the thinking for the outfit for me? i'm fascinating. you walk up you thousand it's piers, it's cnn. >> i just tried on a few dresses and i liked the color. >> how many did you try on? >> i tried on two. i tried on a red suit and i
9:09 pm
tried on this. i said it makes me feel happy. >> what made you feel that was the right one for me? >> it's all about the color. it's a beautiful day. >> it's the warmest day in five years. you brought the heat, lady. >> what i'm fascinated about is the fact that you took this year off. this is is a woman who has worked so hard in the way that your parents did before you. when you had this year off, what did you learn about yourself? >> i learned a lot about myself. the biggest thing i learned is i love to perform. i love music. i love what i do. i love singing in the studio and writing songs and coming up with video treatment to the point that during that year i do not count the 72 songs i recorded as work because it's what i was born to do. and i learned balance.
9:10 pm
i learned the importance of taking time for myself and i was moving around so much that i had no idea that i really have 16 grammys. like i've heard that and i got up and accepted my awards but i didn't realize what an amazing accomplishment that was. >> you never had time. it's just this treadmill. >> yes. >> the more successful you get, the less time you have to enjoy anything. >> exactly. >> finally you went enough, i'm having a year out, i'm going to enjoy what i achieved. what was the most fun you had in the real world? >> well, i did everything. i definitely enjoy the simple things like, you know, driving and picking my nephew up from school, traveling but not working and actually visiting museums and seeing ballets and
9:11 pm
having great conversations with people on the plane. >> really? >> yeah. >> just to have normal -- >> why do i never get to sit next to people like you on a plane? can you let me know your schedule next time? >> okay. >> and you're on a plane and you start talking to some random person? >> yeah. and it's great because some people don't realize who you are. people will say i'm sorry, i just realized, i didn't know. that's why the conversation is so great. >> when they ask you what do you do, what do you say? >> they didn't. not until people start getting weird and asking for pictures and they're like what is going on? but i visited, you know, the pyramids and i was able to sing at the top of the pyramid. >> i heard you sang "ave maria" in one of the toombs and it echoed around. >> yes. it was beautiful. who would ever think i'd get an
9:12 pm
opportunity to do that? i was there alone with my family. i. >> i made it up. it's a good one. >> it was a good one. >> maybe it will stick. >> i want to show you incredible footage of a 6-year-old beyonce performing. where it all started. >> where it all started. ♪ and more. if you replace 3 tablespoons of sugar a day with splenda®, you'll save 100 calories a day. that could help you lose up to 10 pounds in a year. and now get even more with splenda® essentials, the only line of sweeteners with a small boost of fiber, or antioxidants, or b vitamins in every packet. just another reason why you get more... when you sweeten with splenda®. ♪
9:13 pm
9:14 pm
nyquil tylenol: we are?ylenol.. you know we're kinda like twins. nyquil (stuffy): yeah, we both relieve coughs, sneezing, aches, fevers. tylenol: and i relieve nasal congestion. nyquil (stuffy): overachiever. anncr vo: tylenol cold multi-symptom nighttime relieves nasal congestion... nyquil cold & flu doesn't. on my journey across america, i've learned that when you ask someone in texas if they want "big" savings on car insurance, it's a bit like asking if they want a big hat... ...'scuse me... ...or a big steak... ...or big hair... i think we have our answer. geico. fifteen minutes could save you fifteen percent or more on car insurance. i understand you need a little help with your mortgage, want to avoid foreclosure. candy? um-- well, you know, you're in luck. we're experts in this sort of thing, mortgage rigamarole, whatnot.
9:15 pm
why don't we get a contract? who wants a contract? [honks horn] [circus music plays] here you go, pete. thanks, betty. betty: we're out of toner. announcer: if you're facing foreclosure, talk to the right people. speak with hud-approved housing counselors free of charge at... ♪ i think i'm bad, i think i'm bad, take a sip of my potion ♪ >> so even at 6 you were showing off? >> i was. it's very embarrassing for me. it's not something you need everyone to see. >> even as a kid, can you
9:16 pm
remember the thought process? did you always know i was going to be a star no matter what it takes? >> i didn't at all know that i was going to be a star. but i did know that i felt very comfortable when i was on the stage. i was really shy and i did not speak much. i was more comfortable with adults because my mother owned a hair salon. i was in grown people's business all day trying to listen to their conversations. when i got on the stage, my mother put me in dance lessons and i really loved it and i think, you know, when they saw me perform they were like, wait a minute, she's like in heaven and they realized that it was where i could step out of my shell and i just felt the most like myself. >> i thought that last night watching you. you just seemed like in utopia for you. like it just couldn't get better. yet i keep hearing how shy you are. last night i've never seen such
9:17 pm
self-confidence in almost any performer. where do you get it from? how do you create that kind of aura when by nature you're not really like that in. >> i don't know. for one, i'm not shy anymore. i am the person at the dinner party that is quiet and observing and having a one-on-one conferring. i get embarrassed when it's a lot of people and a lot of eyes. and i'm still that way. i wouldn't say shy. but now, you know, on the stage i've been doing it for a while and it's my place to be me and to be free and i don't feel like i'm being judged. i feel like it doesn't matter how irritated i am or angry i am or excited or in love or whatever emotion. when i get on the stage i'm just purely free. and it's -- i feel so honored every time i get on the stage because i know i've been doing this for 15 years and it's what
9:18 pm
i love to do and so many other people that love to do the same thing and they don't get to perform in front of 175,000 people. >> a lot of performers come from quite damaged backgrounds or dysfunctional in some way. what's quite refreshing about your story it's not really like that. you came from a remarkably successful family. not lots of money but your dad was a top xerox guy when you were young, your mom ran this incredibly successful salon. they both taught you if you want to successful you you have to work really hard and when you get successful, to be humble. >> absolutely. my mother worked 13 hours a day and i never heard her complain. she worked until her feet were calloused. and my father was such an incredible entrepreneur. and any and everything he said he would have, he worked until
9:19 pm
he had it. he taught me there's no such thing as no. i had a lot of great support and i think the support is really a huge, you know, factor in my success, knowing that if something didn't work out, i still was loved and, you know, having that security is really important. >> your mom is only ten feet away as we speak. >> she's here. >> so she's here protecting you even now. and she does go where you go. >> she does. >> what are the values that you think she's instilled in you in. >> well, beauty fades and who you are is forever and definitely be a woman of your word and hard work. she is always correcting me and i feel like it doesn't matter if you are the janitor or the president, everyone's the same. making sure that i keep my humility and my spirit.
9:20 pm
she is always honest with me. >> since you became famous and successful, when has she been the most angry with you? >> i remember when we first had our single on the radio and i was starting to feel like i was hot and i was in the record store and she was talking to me and i started singing because i didn't want to hear whatever she was saying and i was about 15 and the song was playing on the radio and i'm like, yeah, and these guys were looking look, ooh, that's beyonce and i thought i was hot. and she smacked the crap out of me in that store. when i tell you whap, whap. >> really? >> yes. and sent me to the car and was like i don't care what song you have on the radio, you are my child, you do not disrespect me and i will never forget it. >> so you've never sung like that again in a shop like that with your mom.
9:21 pm
>> no. >> when i met her, a, she's got her beauty but there was a steely look in her eyes as to if to say you mess with my girl young man -- old man, and i'm going to get it. i'm just a smack, smack away with one question. she's there. >> she is. she is my friend. we don't agree on everything and i'm an adult and we have our moments because we work together with our clothing line and she is -- >> what is she most proudest of that you've achieved do you think? what is the moment for your mom? >> i can say probably when i sang "the last" for the president. i think, you know, my father, all of his history he grew up in gaston, alabama and he was escorted to school every day because he was one of the first african-americans in his school and my mother, you know, in her day she couldn't ride the front of the bus. so for her to see her child -- >> doesn't it sound amazing when i say things like that now, in
9:22 pm
this day and age, only in our generation even that's what your parents had to go through. i find that a staggering thing. even now when i hear it. >> it's true. but it's a new day and my parents saw me being a part of that history. now i see my nephew and he's like i don't understand why everyone saying that obama is black because it's just normal to him and that makes me -- that's my, you know, my joy. so, you know, it's great to see the growth and it's great that my parents could live to see that and it makes me very proud. >> hold that there because i want to talk to you more about that amazing night when you sang at the inauguration. i can imagine you talk about nerves at glastonbury. the nerves at that event? >> yes. >> let's discuss that. ♪ what goes around come become
9:23 pm
around ♪ that's why we created the share the love event. get a great deal on a new subaru and 250 dollars goes to your choice of five charities. ♪ with your help, we can reach 20 million dollars by the end of this, our fourth year. [ female announcer ] get 0 percent apr financing on select models for thirty-six months and we'll donate two-hundred and fifty dollars to your choice of five charities. now through january 3rd. but my nose is still runny. [ male announcer ] truth is, dayquil doesn't treat that. really? [ male announcer ] alka-seltzer plus fights your worst cold symptoms, plus it relieves your runny nose. [ deep breath] awesome. [ male announcer ] yes, it is. that's the cold truth! never took life too seriously. 'til our son was born... that day, he bought life insurance. now, there's no way i could send our boy to college without it. if there was one thing i could say to hank, it'd be "thank you." you're welcome. hey, hank.
9:24 pm
[ male announcer ] life insurance you can use while you're still living. you are one lucky lady. mm-hmm. [ male announcer ] learn more from your state farm agent today. you arwill be giving away passafree copies mm-hmm. of the alcoholism & addiction cure. to get yours, go to ssagesmalibubook.com.
9:25 pm
9:26 pm
♪ oh and then a spell was cast and here we are in heaven ♪ ♪ for you are mine at last >> you have got a pair of chops on you, haven't you? >> thank you. >> wow, you belted that. >> waiting before you went to sing that, knowing the background, knowing what you told me about your parents, the
9:27 pm
struggle they had to come through like so many african-americans in america and here you had barack obama has become president, this sea change and on the night that america celebrates, you are selected to sing. what are you feeling just before you go out? >> right now i'm -- i'm very emotional because it like i'm reliving it and it was really powerful and overwhelming and i kept telling myself, okay, this is not about you, you have to do this for them. you have to do this for history. and it's the only way i was able to get through this song. because i want to bawl and i wanted to stare and i wanted to watch and i wanted to, you know, but i was a part of it so it was probably the -- oh, my god. i can't believe i was there. answered can't believe it was my voice for that moment. and so honored and so many
9:28 pm
memories, so many stories from my father and my grandparents and my mother and just all going through my mind and it was really fantastic. >> have you had to put up with racism as you grew up? did you experience the bad side of it? >> a bid. but, you know, i -- i feel like now people, at least with my career, i've kind of broken barriers. and i don't think people think about my race. i think they look at me as an entertainer and a musician and i'm very happy that that's changing because i think that's how i look at people and that's how i look at my friends. it's not about color and race. i'm just happy that that's changing. >> there was a moment around that time when you had the most powerful man in the world, barack obama, african-american, you had the biggest tv star in
9:29 pm
the world, oprah, you, the biggest singing star in the world, tiger woods was then the number one golfer in the world which would have been unthinkable 20, 30 years before, the sea change really came through achievement as much as anything else. did you feel that? >> absolutely. and i'm proud of it. and i'm praying we continue to grow and people continue to see the right things in people. >> what did your parents say after you performed the inauguration? >> my mom cried forever. and i did, too. it was -- it was a beautiful night and like i said, definitely the most proud moment for her and for myself. >> and the president, what did he say? the first lady? >> i did not speak to them. i wish i had it like that but i've seen them years later -- >> i've heard and you can clear it up this rumor, it's a brilliant rumor, even if it's
9:30 pm
not true. but i've heard that jay-z has the president on the speed dial of his cell phone. is this true? >> i don't know. >> that means it is. >> no, it doesn't. >> they are amazing. they are wonderful. and actually i just worked with the first lady with the let's move initiative. >> because she's a remarkable woman. >> she is. >> whatever side you're on the political divide, michelle obama has barely put a foot wrong and is a remarkable role model. >> and she cares so much. her idea was so brilliant. the girls and boys were practicing their choreography, not even realizing they were taking care of their bodies and moving around. i'm so happy she's asked me to be a part of it. >> how do you think he's doing as president? >> i think he's doing fantastic.
9:31 pm
i think he needs more time, another term. >> will you campaign for him? >> absolutely. i did the first time and i will again. >> you must have met him? >> i've met them. they're so gracious. >> he has gotten around to thanking you. >> of course. >> and i performed at the white house. they were so gracious. they not only spoke to me. they spent time with every single member of my band. they're just the epitome of class and heart. it's beautiful. >> america is going through a sort of difficult phase, everybody knows that when you're there, economically very, very tough conditions. various wars going on as well, a drain on resources. when you think -- what do you think america needs to get itself back on its feet properly? >> i think we're getting there. we need obama and he's doing his job and we just have to believe in him and trust our president. >> and what do you think about
9:32 pm
what i detect is a slight lack of confidence in america? you're an incredibly confident american business woman. what advice do you give to people? maybe they've lost their jobs, maybe they're going through difficulty. what advice do you give them as someone who came from no money to build this empire through hard work. what do you say to them? >> i would say continue to work hard and don't give up on your goals. i know for me, like i said, i grew up watching my family struggle and i grew up with family that was successful but not born successful and i believe with hard work and with a goal and love and positivity, then eventually we're going to be fine. >> well, talking of love and positivity, i'm going to go to a break and come back and talk to you about the man in your life, which i know you love to talk about. >> um, um. ♪ who won the world
9:33 pm
♪ girls i take an omega for my heart. but to be honest, i find the omega choices overwhelming. which one is right for me? then i found new pronutrients omega-3. it's from centrum. a name i trust. it goes beyond my heart to support my brain and eyes too. and these ultra concentrated minigels are much smaller than many others. it's part of a whole new line of supplements. there's probiotic and fruit & veggie too. new pronutrients from centrum. look for your five dollar coupon in this sunday's paper.
9:34 pm
britta olsen is my patient. i spend long hours with her checking her heart rate, administering her medication, and just making her comfortable. one night britta told me about a tradition in denmark, "when a person dies," she said, "someone must open the window so the soul can depart." i smiled and squeezed her hand. "not tonight, britta. not tonight." [ female announcer ] to nurses everywhere, thank you, from johnson & johnson. [oinking] [hissing] [ding] announcer: cook foods to the right temperature using a food thermometer. 3,000 americans will die from food poisoning this year. check your steps at foodsafety.gov.
9:35 pm
9:36 pm
hey, everyone, i'm anderson cooper. we are live in times square. i want to show you what is going on here in times square. it is an electric atmosphere right now. we're less than three hours away from 2012. hundreds of thousands of people are watching the ball drop at midnight here in times square. record crowds expected because the weather is so mild. i've been doing this about ten years. i've never had it be so warm. it's about 45 degrees right now. it's going to get a lot hotter when kathy griffin joins me later tonight. i must admit i'm already sweating a bit. at 11:00 eastern we'll go live all the way through 12:30. we'll bring you all the celebrations not only from here in new york city but all around the united states, all around the world and i'm hoping kathy
9:37 pm
won't get me fired at least. i'll be back at the top of the hour with another update. now back to "piers morgan tonight." ♪ ♪ ♪ history in the making, part two right now ♪ ♪ i'm begging you not to go >> that was "crazy in love," which you sang with a certain gentleman, mr. jay-z. i sat opposite your husband at a dinner and i didn't know what to expect. you know, you hear sort of ferocious rap star coming to town, everyone batons down the hatches. in walks this guy immaculately dressed, i mean immaculate, incredibly charming, friendly,
9:38 pm
easy to talk to, funny, very, very funny. we will two, three hours just talking about life in the universe, a little bit about you and stuff and i was really impressed with him. i don't say that just to make you feel good. i actually was genuinely struck by -- he's not just a successful singer or a good businessman, he's a good man it struck me. you could have had your pick of any guy. what was it about jay-zed? it's the last time i'll call him that. gets me a free laugh in america. >> i feel the same way you feel. i -- i -- jay and i have kind of made a decision that we want to be known for our music and, you know, not our relationships or scandals and it's hard because sometimes like okay, i can't talk about him but he's amazin.
9:39 pm
>> you can just sit back and go my husband's a pretty cool guy. he was there last night supporting you, he's abandoned you to go to the tennis. when you sing a song like "crazy in love," how many times have you been crazy in love in your life? >> not many. not many at all. >> and then you meet this guy and that's it, bang? >> i definitely had a very natural friendship and connection with him. we've been together for a very long time and i'm happy. >> what does love mean to you, proper love? >> you know, love is the foundation of everything, everything i do. my music is inspired by love, from my family, from my husband, from my sisters and it gives me the security and the confidence that you see on the stage.
9:40 pm
>> i mean, most people say you have to have had your heart broken to sing with real emotion. i don't get the sense that you ever have. >> i've had my life experiences definitely. i haven't had this perfect, flawless life. and any relationship you go through issues and you have to learn each other and you grow and you have painful moments and i feel like, you know, a lot of my life experiences i used in this album. there's a way that i'm singing that's very different. and i think i had an epiphany when i did cadillac record, when i played eta james because for the first time hi to sing from a different place. she was addicted to heroin and i've never done any drugs so i had to use the most painful emotions and memories of my life and sing from that place.
9:41 pm
>> let just hold and watch a clip from that because it was an incredible performance. >> thank you. >> and we'll talk about it after this. >> you wouldn't even begin to know my problems, baby. >> hey, tell me. >> my mother was a whore. and that fat [ bleep ] just looked me in my face and he didn't see himself, he didn't see his little girl. >> i mean, a really visceral, raw performance and it surprised a lot of people. a lot of your critics watched it and were like, whoa, okay, she's not as simple in terms of her performing as we think she is. there was real depth there. that must have been satisfying to you. >> it was very satisfying and i worked really, really hard. so it felt good to know that it
9:42 pm
was appreciated and even if it wasn't, it was such growth for me as a human being and as an artist. it made me want to take more risks in my career. it made me a lot braver and to have the freedom to kind of let go of all ego and not care about what i looked like or fitting into a pop star box, it just was really liberating to me. >> do you like the acting? >> i do. >> do you like the pace it have? i would imagine with singers when you get on stage wham, bam, it's all over in two hours, and you get all the energy and go home and have a drink, whatever you want to do. when you're acting who is sitting around watching you, waiting. >> i don't like that as much. but do i like the stability. i like going to the same place every night and your call time is around the same time every
9:43 pm
morning and you're around the same people for six months and you don't have to travel a hundred places. you build a family relationship. because i've been touring since i was 13, that is something i haven't had in my life. >> how did you like doing those love scenes? >> i don't like them. >> you don't? >> no. they're uncomfortable. >> even -- >> new york it's uncomfortable. >> he's a good looking guy. >> he is but it's weird because, you know, i didn't grow up acting so i've done six or seven movies, which i've done kind of some romantic scenes in maybe three so it's still new to me. but i realize that it's a part of it and after a few times it kind of becomes choreography so it gets easier. >> i couldn't do it. >> it's strange. actors don't say that but i feel that it's strange. >> when we come back, i want to talk to you about brand beyonce, what it sand how you keep it at the top. ♪
9:44 pm
♪ dry mouth may start off as an irritant. it'll cause cavities, bad breath. patients will try and deal with it by drinking water. water will work for a few seconds but if you're not drinking it, it's going to get dry again. i recommend biotene. all the biotene products like the oral rinse...the sprays have enzymes in them. the whole formulation just works very well. it leaves the mouth feeling fresh. if i'm happy with the results and my patients are happy with the results, i don't need to look any farther. nyquil tylenol: we are?ylenol. you know we're kinda like twins. nyquil (stuffy): yeah, we both relieve coughs, sneezing, aches, fevers. tylenol: and i relieve nasal congestion. nyquil (stuffy): overachiever. anncr vo: tylenol cold multi-symptom nighttime relieves nasal congestion... nyquil cold & flu doesn't. rethis was the gulf's best.. nyqutourism season in years.
9:45 pm
all because so many people wanted to visit us... in louisiana. they came to see us in florida... nice try, they came to hang out with us in alabama... once folks heard mississippi had the welcome sign out, they couldn't wait to get here. this year was great but next year's gonna be even better. and anyone who knows the gulf knows that winter is primetime fun time. the sun's out and the water's beautiful. you can go deep sea fishing for amberjack, grouper and mackerel. our golf courses are open. our bed and breakfast have special rates. and migrating waterfowl from all over make this a bird watcher's paradise. so if you missed it earlier this year, come on down. if you've already been here come on back... to mississippi... florida... louisiana... alabama. the gulf's america's get-a-way spot no matter where you go. so come on down and help make 2012 an even better year for tourism on the gulf. brought to you by bp and all of us who call the gulf home.
9:46 pm
so i used my citi thank you card to pick up some accessories. a new belt. some nylons. and what girl wouldn't need new shoes? we talked about getting a diamond. but with all the thank you points i've been earning... ♪ ...i flew us to the rock i really had in mind. ♪ [ male announcer ] the citi thank you card. earn points you can use for travel on any airline, with no blackout dates.
9:47 pm
beyonce, it wouldn't be right for you to be in my hometown of london and i don't introduce you to a classic english tea. >> i am very happy. >> i know despite your very svelte physique, you have lapses and you have mad eating days.
9:48 pm
>> yes. and i missed it yesterday. >> you have a hot piping cup of tea. and then a scone. people who think they're member of the royal family or ought to be will call them scans. you take some jam like this, slop it all on and you put it together and this is is an old fashioned and it basically gives you a heart attack in about five minutes. on behalf of great britain, there is your first ever scan. >> do i just try it if. >> now how good is that? >> delicious! i love it. it's like a pop eye's chicken
9:49 pm
biscuit, my favorite! i know i'm supposed to be proper. i'm having tea. it's delicious. i love it. >> isn't it nice? >> mm-hmm. the cream is so great. >> you've spoken quite honestly and openly about occasionally having slight weight problems in your life? how have you dealt with it and what advice do you give your female fans? >> i have found my personal goal, my weight for myself. you can't tell anyone what your best is. you know what your best is. you can have whatever you want, it just takes work. >> you're 29 years old and in september the looming, dooming big 3-30 is emerging in your life. you're pretending to be very, very thrilled about this. are you? >> i am absolutely serious. i can't wait. 29 is very strange.
9:50 pm
you're still in your 20s and you feel like you're supposed to be 30. and i feel like a woman. i feel like i'm very aware of who i am and i feel great. and i feel like 30 is the ideal because, you are mature enough to know who you are, and to have your boundaries and your standards and not be afraid of too polite, but you're young enough to be a young woman. i'm so looking forward to it. >> when i hear you speak like this, in this mature, sensible, rational way -- >> it is the truth. >> but it is sounding like your mother which makes me think that you are heading to the right kind of time in your life. >> i'm turning into my mom. >> no, i didn't mean that. >> you are saying that i need to have a baby. >> i did not ask the question. >> i always said that i would have a baby at 30. i'm 29. >> exactly. >> but i also said i would retire at 30. >> so it could be a big year. >> who knows. i'm not retiger, i can tell you that. >> could we expect the patter of
9:51 pm
little beyonces and jay z's? >> okay. >> will you ask him? >> i will whisper, but you can't tell anybody else. >> and before we go, if i could ask you to replay the greatest moment in your life, the moment, the five minutes maybe that you would replay if you had the chance, what would it be? >> that is a tough one. >> so far. >> i talked about, i think two of the highlights which is glas t tonbury and performing for the president -- >> and i hoped you would say tea and scones. >> you ruined it. absolutely speaking to you today, mr. morgan. >> beyonce. i could not ask for more. when we come back, beyonce, you and i are going to go album hunting. >> yes, we are. there is a special album out today. >> so i hear. i hope they are stocking it.
9:52 pm
>> i hope they are, too. ♪ it is nice to see you ♪ turn out to be the best ♪ thing i ever ♪ you will turn out to be the ♪ the best thing i ever it's different. first...it's been re-engineered with micro-particles. second, it enters the bloodstream fast, and rushes relief to the site of your tough pain. the best part? it's proven to relieve pain twice as fast as before. bayer advanced aspirin. see how fast it works for you. get a coupon in this sunday's papers. lord of the carry-on. sovereign of the security line. you never take an upgrade for granted. and you rent from national. because only national lets you choose any car in the aisle. and go. you can even take a full-size or above. and still pay the mid-size price.
9:53 pm
i deserve this. [ male announcer ] you do, business pro. you do. go national. go like a pro. man on tv: ...rbis and 36 homers. swings at the first pitch and fouls it deep back into the stands. [ding] [fans whirring] announcer: chill raw and prepared foods promptly. one in 6 americans will get sick from food poisoning this year. check your steps at foodsafety.gov.
9:54 pm
9:55 pm
♪ we are sneaking through south kinsington. >> south kinsington. >> toward harrod's. and we are going to go in there and buy a copy of your album. >> okay. >> imagine what will happen if they don't have it in stock. >> i know. >> this could be a tense few seconds. >> no, no. >> and the biggest question i have to ask you. you or j.lo? >> what?
9:56 pm
>> you or j.lo? >> what? >> who has the best booty. >> j.lo. >> i am not comparing my booty to j.lo. >> and who are your rivals and don't pretend you don't have them, because people need rivals. who do you like to compare yourself with in terms of success. >> well, to be hon west you she i have always looked at the last chart positions, and looked at how i can better myself. i don't feel like i really have any -- i continue want to say rivals, because there are people who i respect and people that i admire, like i love gaga, and she is not even more than an artist, but as a human being, because she is so genuine and a really nice person and brilliant. >> and like i'm a magic genie, and i can offer you anonymity and never have a prying cameraer oweirdo fan, but complete
9:57 pm
privacy, and the only thing is that you have to be boring. >> i don't know. because i'm thinking that i would probably go back and, but then that means that i wouldn't be me. i don't know, it is a tough thing, because i am happy with my choices in my life and my life, so i don't know. >> does money bring happiness do you think? >> well, it brings some happiness, brings comfort. >> and i always thought if you have money, you don't have to worry about money. but a lot of people in the world have to worry about money. >> it is tough. it is extremely tough. we have been through times in our life where we had to worry and stressful on relationships and everything and i'm very happy that i don't right now, and who knows. look at what you did. >> sorry. i apologize. >> it is the bane of my life. they follow me everywhere. >> here we go. ♪
9:58 pm
♪ do anything for me ♪ who in the world ♪ girls ♪ who in the world >> whoa! >> this is your album on sale. >> it is. that looks so cool. >> you need the buy one, don't you? >> i think we do. >> good news, we can get two. >> okay. that is great. >> you can pay for it, can't you? >> well, i didn't bring any cash. >> do you want me to buy them? >> yes. >> how much are you worth? >> yes. >> $100 million woman and you are making me buy your own album. >> i don't have any cash. i'm serious. >> this is really awkward. why don't we get one of these. >> winning! >> this has to be the perfect
9:59 pm
t-shirt. i want to get you one of these for your albums. okay. to be fair. after you. >> that is great. there is good music on there. >> and the album there. i appreciate it. >> no wonder, she is so rich. >> i am telling you. >> so this is apparently, this mayhem is all caused by one tweet on twitter. >> yes, the power of twitter. >> nothing is sacred anymore, it is? >> no, it is not. that is a little disappointing, because it is hard to keep the excitement that i used to have when i saw a photograph of michael jackson or prince, the mystery and just being able to kind of recreate something in your mind, because it is so hard to keep that. but, you know. >> is that one of the reasons that you are quite private. >> to try to keep the mystique. >> it is important. i enjoy that. it is an exciting thing as a fan tobe
left
right